Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

Letter to Charles Bukowski

Dear Mr. Bukowski,

I read your poem "Dinosauria, We" and I was impressed by how you described what our societey will be or maybe already is. On the one site I could understand what you are talking about in the poem and that all those problems in the society are fatal. But on the other site I was kind of scared of what you wrote and I think you are exaggerating a bit with this apocalyptical foreseeing.

Do you really think that everything will get this bad that everything will be blown away? You said there will be the most beautiful silence. I associate this with some kind of total emptiness of life in that world then and I wonder how could that physically happen?

I mean, it is probably true that money will be useless, that trees will die and that the sea will be poisoned at some point, but that does not mean that everything will become extinct. And as you yourself said, the rich and the chosen won´t feel the consequences of the apocalypse, so how could there be the most beautiful silence, if some rich people still existed? That sounds a bit contradictory to me.

Also, as mentioned before, you said that money will be useless but at the same time the rich people will watch all the apocalypse from space platforms. So how should rich people be able to escape the chaos and go to space platforms if money is useless? Thats an incosistent point, too.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen