Sonntag, 18. September 2011

Arrivals... There goes the Neighborhood.

When we moved to our "new" house in Bliedersdorf, Germany (actually we´re living there for 12 years) I didn´t know that we moved to the propably most boring neighborhood in the world!

In my neighborhood there are mostly old people, so there is usually nothing bad like crime going on. I myself just have few connection to those people. So it´s not much more than "hello and good bye" when I see them. That´s actually pretty sad, since I already experienced that it can be very different. The neighbors here in America are a lot closer to each other than those in Germany are.

Within the whole 12 years we lived in Bliedersdorf, there have been only two incidents where there was a bit of civil commotion. Once, a stupid guy from the next street broke into a house of an 80-year-old lady and tried to steal something. The othertime when a men commited suicide by poisining himself. That´s it basically. I mean, we don´t have like fights of gang members or stuff like that and I never heard gun shots.

Some would consider my neighborhood as a "good" neighborhood. It´s safe, that´s for sure, but for me it is rather boring to live there. I´d always prefer to live closer to the city because there is a lot more stuff going on!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen