Sonntag, 18. September 2011

Introduction

Hey!

My name is Jonas Schmid-Querg, I was born in Hamburg on the 17. November 1994. Right, I´m German and I will attend Whitney Young Highschool for the whole school year 2011/2012. So I live here in Chicago with a host family.

Let me tell you a bit about myself and about Germany:
Since 1998, my family and I live in Bliedersdorf. This is a tiny village 50 km (31 mi) from Hamburg. My sister an I attend the "Gymnasium" in Buxtehude, which is about 12 km (7.5 mi) from our house. After elementary school we have basicly three different types of school, which stand for different level of education. So it´s not like high school in th USA.

My favorite subjects in school are math, physics, English, French and of course sports. I guess I will do a job later on which contains maths and physics stuff. Maybe some kind of construction engineer. I like learning  languages because English and French are spoken all around the world so it will very helpful to be abel to speak them. And last but not least: sports. I´ve been playing soccer since I was 7 years old and I still enjoy it. In Germany we don´t have school teams, we have teams in the cities or the villages. I used to go to soccer practice three times a week and to have a game every saturday.
I like to try out new kinds of sports and therefore I have sailed for two years, played ping pong and did a paragliding course. Dad and I often ride our racing bicycles together if the weather is fine at the week ends. 

Obviously doing sport is my favorite hobby. But I have some other activities which I like to do such as reading, listening to music and of course meeting friends.


I´m very happy to spent a year in the USA, especially in Chicago and I want to find new friends and have lots of fun here!!! :)


Jonas

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen