Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2011

J. D. Salinger

Jerome David Salinger was born in 1919 and died in 2010. The authors moste popular book is "The Catcher in the Rye" which was published in 1951. That book became a worldwide success and Salinger got a lot of unwonted attention. He couldn´t really deal with that, so he moved to Cornish, New Hampshire, to be alone with his family and without the press. Since then, he never gabe interviews to a newspaper or anything.

The only thing he would do, was giving a few interviews to students who wanted to ask him about his writing.
Eventhough he could have made a lot of money, he refused and stayed by his on trying to protect his privacy.

"I am a writer, I will continue to write, but not for "the people". I write for myself, and my family. I never owed anyone anything. I gave something and now I am done"

You could feel sort of sorry for him, but he somehow seems to me a litte bit selfish. Like his daughter was never able to live a normal live cause she had to pretty much stay with him in his lonelyness.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen